If your skinny jeans have been relegated to a remote corner of your wardrobe, it’s time to take up the 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan and lose the undesired flab. The 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan is suitable for women who are small framed and do not work out often. In this low-calorie keto diet meal plan, dieters are allowed to take a total of 1000 calories of food per day to lose weight quickly in a short span of time. The rationale behind the 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan is that the drastic reduction of caloric intake results in weight loss, with little or no physical activity. The 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan generates an energy shortage of 500 to 1000 calories and helps to burn approximately 8% of fat.
Caution: You need to consult a doctor or a dietitian to know whether this diet plan will suit your body.
Women who weigh more than 165 pounds and those who lead an active life should take at least 1200 calories keto diet meals per day. Also, if you wish for long-term weight loss, the 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan is suitable for you. If you have a complicated medical history or suffer from eating disorders, consult your doctor before starting this diet routine.There are a lot of factors that determine which keto diet meal plan is appropriate for each of us. Factors such as age, current weight, bone health, muscle health, medical history, mental health, genetics, etc. play a major role while determining the apt diet chart for each individual.
These sample 1000 calorie keto diet meal plans will help you plan your meals and calorie intake per day. You can take other low-calorie foods, but make sure that you don’t exceed the 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan limit. If you are not sure, consult your doctor or dietitian. The 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan focuses on smaller and frequent meals as well as lowering the intake of fat, sugar, and carbohydrates. Alcohol is strictly prohibited, but diet soda and black coffee can be taken in moderation. Rigorous exercise is not recommended as there is little energy left for any exercise on account of low caloric intake. The selection of food items should be done very carefully such that a healthy keto diet menu is put together to get the desired results.
- The 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan should incorporate foods that are rich in vitamin B, proteins, and fibers normally found in wheat foods and enzymes.
- The keto diet meal plan demands a reduction in whole food types like carbs or trans-fats as your body requires nutrition to improve overall health.
- Calcium can be included by taking low-fat milk foods and green vegetables. Fruits and vegetables should not be ignored.
- Fruits like oranges, cantaloupes, kiwi, pears, strawberries, and numerous other berries that offer minimal calories can be used in salads.
- Green veggies like spinach, celery, zucchini, broccoli, and artichokes are rich in vitamins and minerals besides being low-calorie ingredients.
- A single portion of cabbage contains just 35 calories but is pretty rich in nutritional fiber.
- Apart from this, vegetables like cucumber, celery, and eco-friendly peppers have high water content.
What Not To Eat
Here is the list of foods you should absolutely avoid when you are on the 1000 calorie keto diet meal plan:
- Fats & Oils – Coconut oil, groundnut oil, walnut oil, palm oil, avocado oil, lard, and other animal fat oil, butter, peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, cheese, cream cheese, and ghee.
- Seeds & Nuts – Hazelnuts, cashew nuts, watermelon seeds, walnuts, pine nuts, desiccated coconut, peanuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio, and chia seeds.
- Dry Fruits – Dates, prunes, dried currants, apricots, figs, and cranberries.
- Fruits, Veggies, And Legumes – Avocado, mango, litchi, Chiku, custard apple, potato, corn, lima beans, and soybeans.
- Proteins – Beef, pork, lamb, and tofu.
If you find yourself in a conversation about dieting or weight loss, chances are you’ll hear of the ketogenic, or keto diet. That’s because the keto diet has become one of the most popular methods worldwide to shed excess weight and improve health. The keto diet, as a rule, is very low in carbs, high in fat and moderate in protein. When following a ketogenic diet, carbs are typically reduced to under 50 grams per day, though stricter and looser versions of the keto diet exist (3Trusted Source). Fats should replace the majority of cut carbs and deliver approximately 75% of your total calorie intake.
Proteins should account for around 20% of energy needs, while carbs are usually restricted to 5%. This carb reduction forces your body to rely on fats for its main energy source instead of glucose — a process known as ketosis. While in the keto diet, your body uses ketones — molecules produced in the liver from fats when glucose is limited — as an alternative fuel source. Though fat is often avoided for its high-calorie content, research shows that ketogenic diets are significantly more effective at promoting weight loss than low-fat diets (4Trusted Source). Plus, keto diets reduce hunger and increase satiety, which can be particularly helpful when trying to lose weight (5Trusted Source).